2.10.07

theory of constraint

What is the most important element of your process? What keeps you afloat and your customers happy? Would you believe that for an envelope manufacturer, it is the stickiness of the flaps? Would you believe that for a 24-year-old it is a blood thinner?

This past week I discovered a little bit about my own personal theory of constraint. It's my medicine. After two mini strokes and several tests at the hospital, neurologists and hematologists discovered that I have two genetic blood clotting disorders (Factor V & Factor II). I will take Coumadin at 5:00 every evening for the rest of my life. This is how doctors will ultimately measure my health and I will be effective for the organizations I serve. (The doctor who administered my TE heart test took this picture of me on her iPhone shortly before I went under.)

My genetic disorders will require discipline. As a creative child, discipline and creativity have not always gone together for me. As my lifestyle changes to exclude stress, certain dietary elements and physical activity, I need to be more creative about how I live my days. This week I am forming the habits that will guide me for the rest of my life and developing understanding around the most important element of my personal process.

No comments: