5.10.07

my personal style of leadership

Dad recommended a book for me this week called A Leader's Legacy. The author defines leadership as "the study of how men and women guide us through adversity, uncertainty, hardship, disruption, transformation, transition, recovery, new beginnings, and other significant challenges."

I was inspired by the topic of this book, my recent adversity and recovery, as well as my dad's graduate Leadership Theory class at the University of Richmond to define my own personal style of leadership. It is as follows:

I will be the type of leader who is compassionate and prizes forward thinking. I will treat all of my superiors, counterparts and direct reports the way I would like to be treated, with honesty, esteem and a smile. I will endlessly educate myself on the meaning behind the brand(s) I serve and I will strive to create importance for their consumers and authors.

I will be the type of leader who does not go home early on Friday. I will set a good example for younger members of my organization by working hard to confront conflict and living the healthiest life I can to ensure the astuteness of my mind. I will be a values-driven leader.


I will be the type of leader who prizes creativity over conformity. I will seek flawless execution from my company and I will work hard to build and contribute to a diverse, full and rich company culture.

No comments: