2.11.07

superfruit juice

Six weeks ago I discovered the wonderful world of the Minute Maid website. It was promoting a new pomegranate blueberry drink. Dad and I searched for several days in a number of grocery stores until we finally found the very last SKU in the refrigerated section of the Sycamore Ukrop's. What I started to realize was that several brands had this combination available.

I decided to embark on a coolhunting journey for other brands out there with variations of the pom/blueberry juice. I was aware of POM, which is a wonderfully packaged brand that has been out for a while. Among other brands I tried were Tropicana, Bolthouse Farms Blueberry Goodness, V8 and R.W. Knudsen. Even Old Orchard, which is a value brand typically known for its apple juice, had adapted to the trend of superfruit juice.


My favorite product by far was the R.W. Knudsen Pomegranate Blueberry. It was just sitting on the shelf at Joe's Market waiting for me.

These drinks are known as "superfruit juice" because they carry huge amounts of nutrients and antioxidants. Other superfruits besides pomegranate and blueberry to be on the lookout for: acai, red grapes, guarana, mangosteen, noni, seabuckthorn and wolfberry (or goji).

1 comment:

Dr. Bob said...

I was wondering what all those purple bottles were doing in the fridge!